How to surf using proxy on the Blackberry
There are several reasons why you need to use a proxy when using the internet. The most common is usually because you are trying to open a site that can not be visited because it was blocked.
Blocking can be done by the internet service provider (ISP) or by the manager of the site itself. In other cases, for example, you connect to the office wifi network that does not allow you to open a social networking site like Facebook or other.
Unfortunately, the default BlackBerry browser does not have a feature that allows users to surf using a proxy. Lucky, with the help of a third party Blackberry browser users can still do it.
One of the third-party web browser that features the proxy server settings are UC Browser. Here’s how to surf using proxy on the Blackberry it.
- The first thing to do would be to download and install UC Browser application on your BlackBerry phone. This application can be downloaded for free from the App World or by visiting the official website at the address:
- Once installed run the application UCBrowser.
- Click on Menu> Settings> Preferences, then click Network.
- Mark Options Proxy Server then enter the IP address and port of the proxy you want to use in the column under the Proxy Server option.
- Enter the address of the blocked site. In the option “Use proxy to visit domain below“. You can enter more than one website address with a comma (,) to separate each address.
- After that, click Menu> Save Changes to save the settings.
- Done, next you have to visit blocked sites by using UC Browser from your BlackBerry.
If you are confused with the IP address and port that can be used as a proxy, you can find a list with the help of search engines like Google.
Some sites provide free proxy list is:
- http://www.freeproxylists. net /